Joseph Pilates famously said: "In 10 sessions you'll feel the difference, in 20 sessions you'll see the difference and in 30 sessions you'll have a whole new body". Join us in the March Matness challenge as we do Pilates every day throughout March and see if you can feel the difference.
Every year, Pilates lovers around the world join in a monthlong celebration of Pilates: one day at a time, one movement at a time. This is a deep dive into the original 34 exercises in Joe Pilates' book "Return to Life through Contrology". March MATness was started by Benjamin Degenhardt in 2013 and has grown each year since then.
March MAT-ness started as a social media movement whereby each day participants posted a video / thoughts / image of the exercise of the day.
Of course you don't need to be on social media to join in. We are holding our own March Matness in the studio to encourage you to add some Pilates into your daily life by practicing and exploring every day throughout March.
The course will include:
- a daily email throughout March with Pilates insights and motivation plus a link to our your videos.
- links to pre-recorded classes of all lengths and for all abilities sent out in a daily email
- a short video with a breakdown of the daily exercise - this is a great way to get to know the original 34 exercises, and to learn modifications for each of these to suit your body
- live classes (online or in studio) exploring the daily movement and it's relationship to the rest of the series on weekdays 6.30 - 7am, Tues (6pm), and Friday (9.30am) - also available on catch up.
- additional full Pilates workout towards end of month lasting no more than 30 minutes. This is a chance to put the movements together as an actual workout. Available on catch up.
- Q and A opportunities - you can get in touch with Kirstie at any time to clarify or ask a question but I also hope to have a Pilates class and coffee (or Pilates and Prosecco might be fun too) with a bit of a chat about about Pilates and a chance to discuss how you're getting on with it.